Get Started With The Basics
Questions & answers on how to get started.Get Started
Sign-Up for Our Newsletter
Stay up-to-date with the latest WPI news.Sign Up
Have A Question? We're Here to help.
One of our staff of experts is available to answer your questions.Get Help
About Wisconsin Procurement Institute
The Wisconsin Procurement Institute (WPI), a non-profit organization established in 1987, is an outgrowth of then Congressman Les Aspin’s efforts to help Wisconsin businesses win federal contracts, especially defense contracts.
WPI’s mission is to assist Wisconsin businesses in all of Wisconsin’s 72 counties to create, develop and grow their Federal, State and Local Government sales, revenues, profits and jobs. We do this by providing:
- Strategic, objective, and practical business advice and technical expertise as it relates to entering or growing the Government market.
- Technical training and education in locating and analyzing market intelligence and process.
- Knowledge and training required for small and disadvantaged businesses to increase their competitiveness and success in the Government market.
- Supplement organizational capabilities and value by:
- Providing access to current and focused technical expertise, education and training to businesses and their staff in the areas of marketing, sales, contract administration, Government specific requirements, and other.
- Providing access to professional and knowledgeable counseling and individual assistance.
- Providing current market information and intelligence to State firms.
- Providing access to Government Prime Contractors and Government agencies.
- Providing access to market leadership, policy creators and decision makers.
- Providing access to unique expertise and jobs skills needed to support Government contracts and associated supply chains.
Not only does WPI provide technical and professional expertise and experience to Wisconsin’s business community, we have successfully engaged our State’s most successful government contractors to mentor and teach developing small business suppliers. In addition, WPI actively engages our Congressional delegation and staff in the process. WPI provides services to 1200 businesses and organizations each year
WPI co-hosts and supports over 100 conferences, technical training and outreach events annually in support of this mission, including:
- Government Opportunities and Business Conference – Volk Field / Ft. McCoy (14 years)
- Annual Washington DC Federal Contractor Forum
- Annual Meeting and In-State Federal Contractor Forum
- Governor’s Annual Marketplace for Diverse Businesses
- Acquisition Hour Webinar Series
- Technical webinars
- End of Year Contractor Update with NCMA
- DOD Contract Administration Conference with NCMA
- The Contracting Academy (TCA)
- Small Business Academy
- Participation in various events throughout the State with a broad range of established partners and industry
The Wisconsin Procurement Institute, which serves as a Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC), is funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA). The content of any written materials or verbal communications of the PTAC does not necessarily reflect the official views of or imply endorsement by DOD or DLA.