Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB & EDWOSB)
The federal government’s goal is to award 5% of all federal contracts to women-owned small businesses annually. These contracts are for industries when woman-owned businesses are underrepresented.
To be eligible for the women’s contracting program, your business must:
- Be a small business
- Be at least 51% owned and controlled by women who are U.S. citizens
- Have women manage day-to-day operations and also make long-term decisions
To qualify as an economically disadvantaged business within the women’s contracting program, your business must:
- Meet all the requirements of the women’s contracting program
- Be owned and controlled by one or more women, each with a personal net worth less than $750,000
- Be owned and controlled by one or more women, each with $350,000 or less in adjusted gross income averaged over the previous three years
- Be owned and controlled by one or more women, each $6 million or less in personal assets
Learn more about Women-Owned Small Business Federal Contracting Program at www.sba.gov.
View applicable NAICs codes for the WOSB and EDWOSB programs.
For additional information on this topic, please contact our staff of experts at email@example.com or 414-270-3600