From the Executive Director
On May 15, the US VA VISN 12 and WPI hosted the 6th Annual US Department of Veterans Affairs Business Conference in Milwaukee.
This conference focused on procurement procedures and business opportunities for veteran owned businesses with the Department of Veterans Affairs, VISN 12 area consisting of Milwaukee, WI; Madison, WI; Tomah, WI; Chicago, IL; Danville, IL; and Iron Mountain, MI with eight medical centers, 38 outpatient clinics, eight nursing homes, and six domiciliaries, providing health care services to the 700,000 Veterans who reside within its four state (Illinois, Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, Wisconsin, and Northwest Indiana) area. Overall, the Department of Veterans Affairs spends over $23 billion annually.
I would like to share some updates and “words of wisdom” that were shared by the presenter at the event:
- Businesses interested or are currently contracting with the VA, must be aware of the Veterans First requirements and the CVE verification. https://www.vip.vetbiz.gov/ Note: the site is currently suspended for website transitioning.
- Answer SOURCES SOUGHT – and answer specifically to the requirement. SOURCES SOUGHT are posted at fbo.gov . The responses impact set aside decisions.
- NETWORK NETWORK NETWORK
- Read – really read – the solicitations you are considering and if you decide to respond, be responsive. If you are not responsive to the requirement and do not understand what the evaluation factors / basis of the award will be, you will not get the award.
- Understand small business programs – how they apply, their benefit AND the concept of affiliation – the federal, state and local programs differ.
- Get quick access to the National Acquisition Center, including the Federal Supply Schedule(FSS) Service and National Contract Service(NCS) and the programs they offer such as MedSurg Catalog and Pharmaceutical Catalog products and services.
We want to extend a special thank you to Steve.
If you have questions or need assistance on contracting with the Department of Veterans Affairs, please contact Carol Murphy at email@example.com or 414-270-3600.