New HUBZone Designations effective January 1, 2015
The HUBZone designations have changed to reflect several new data sources. These data sources include:
- The American Community Survey 2009-2013 five year estimates
- The 2013 OMB metropolitan area delineations
- The 2015 lists of Difficult Development Areas and Qualified Census Tracts, released by HUD in October 2014.
This has has the effect of
- eight newly qualified counties
- 47 counties that have been redesignated until January 2018
- 1,479 newly qualified census tracts
- 1,319 census tracts that have been redesignated until January 2018.
You can view the new designations for tracts and counties at the HUBZone Map landing page.
Please note that these new changes have not been incorporated into the interactive HUBZone map; we will send an additional notice when these changes have been incorporated into that application.