Pentagon Will Relaunch $475 Million Cyber Effort This Fall
After abandoning last week a $475 million job posting for cyberattack and network defense experts, the Pentagon now says a retooled solicitation that takes into account private sector questions will be out by Oct. 1.
“Given significant interest along with technical and clarification questions from industry, U.S. Cyber Command is reassessing and amending the [request for proposals] to give industry better fidelity into cyber requirements,” a Cyber Command official told Nextgov on Thursday afternoon.
The original solicitation, released April 30, was itself a revised version of a December 2014 draft request for proposals. The draft and final contracts both strove to reconcile the command’s needs with cyber market realities.
Continue reading at http://www.defenseone.com/technology/2015/05/pentagon-will-relaunch-475-million-cyber-effort-fall/114067/?oref=defenseone_today_nl