U.S. DOT SBIR’s FY20 Phase I Solicitation is Now Open
| This solicitation will close at 5:00 pm ET on March 9, 2020. |
For more information about the solicitation and how to submit an offer, please visit our website.
A pre-offer webinar for small businesses interested in applying to the U.S. DOT SBIR FY 2020 solicitation will be held on Tuesday, February 11th at 1:00 pm ET. Register here.
FY20 Research Topics
Full descriptions of the research topics are included in Section VIII of the Solicitation.
The proposed topic list shared during the pre-solicitation has been amended for the U.S. DOT FY20 Phase I Solicitation as follows:
· Topic FA1, Nondestructive Evaluation (NDE) of Critical Nickel Turbine Engine Parts, has been withdrawn. No offers will be accepted on this topic.
· Topic FH2, Innovative Layered Composite Metal Deck System, has been updated with clarifications.
· Topic FR2, Artificial Intelligence (AI)-Aided Machine Vision for Grade Crossing Safety, has been updated with clarifications.
The FY20 topics are:
Federal Highway Administration (FHWA)
· 20-FH1: Physical Intervention System for Wrong-way Driving on Ramps
· 20-FH2: Innovative Layered Composite Metal Deck System
· 20-FH3: Real-time Monitoring and Modeling of Scour
Federal Railroad Administration (FRA)
· 20-FR1: Autonomous Track Inspection Technology
· 20-FR2: AI-Aided Machine Vision for Grade Crossing Safety
· 20-FR3: Platform Edge Proximity Detection to Prevent Inadvertent Passenger Car Door Opening
· 20-FR4: Crushed Aggregate Gradation Evaluation System
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
· 20-NH1: In-Vehicle Occupant Detection System Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA)
· 20-PH1: Development and Validation of Inline Inspection (ILI) Technologies for Circumferential Anomalies and Bending Stresses
· 20-PH2: Internal Repair of Steel Transmission Pipelines
· 20-PH3: Geohazard Identification and Quantification for Pipeline Risk Models
· 20-PH4: Scaling up of Composite Metal Foam Manufacturing for HazMat Packaging