U.S. DOT’s FY 2018 SBIR Solicitation Opens on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 and Closes on Tuesday, March 20, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. ET
A synopsis of the solicitation is available on FedBizOps.gov.
Research Topic Titles
Full descriptions and funding levels will not be made available until Wednesday, January 17, 2018. Topics in this solicitation may include:
Federal Highway Administration
- 18-FH1: Machine Vision System to Support Vehicle to Infrastructure (V2I) Safety Applications
- 18-FH2: Use of High Resolution Imaging Techniques for Condition Assessment and Damage Detection of Bridges
- 18-FH3: Integrated Sensor Unit for Signalized Intersections
- 18-FH4: An Artificial Intelligence (AI) Based System for Advanced Freeway Data Collection and Analysis
Federal Railroad Administration
- 18-FR1: Analysis of Acoustic Wheel/Rail Contact Signals
- 18-FR2: AI Tools for Relating Various Sensor Data to Adverse Vehicle/Track Inspection
- 18-FR3: System Design for Remote and/or Autonomous Operation of a Locomotive Hauled Consist
- 18-FR4: Drone-Based Track Safety Inspection System
Federal Transit Administration
- 18-FT1: Virtual and Augmented Reality to Aid Transit Use by All Travelers
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- 18-NH1: Digital Application to Improve Consumers Access to NHTSA Safety Information
- 18-NH2: Fatality Analysis Reporting System (FARS) and Other Crash Data Visualization and Analysis Tool
Pipeline Hazardous Materials Safety Administration
- 18-PH1: Innovative Technologies for Nondestructive Determination of Fracture Toughness for Pipeline Steels in Transportation Infrastructure
- 18-PH2: Dual Purpose Internal Integrity Assessment and Cleaning Tool for Hazardous Liquid Pipelines
A pre-proposal webinar for anyone interested in applying to the solicitation will be held on Tuesday, January 23, 2018 at 1:30 pm ET. Anyone interested in applying is urged to attend this webinar, which will provide information on the application process and featured solicitation topics.
You may register any time prior to noon on the day of the conference by clicking here. Upon receipt of your registration, you will receive information for connecting to the conference.