USDOT’s 17.1 SBIR Solicitation
U.S. DOT’s SBIR 17.1 Solicitation Opens on Wednesday, October 19, 2016 and Closes on Wednesday, December 21, 2016 at 5:00 p.m. EST
A synopsis of the solicitation is available on FedBizOps.gov.
Research Topic Titles
Full descriptions and funding levels will not be made available until Wednesday, October 19, 2016. Topics in this solicitation may include:
Federal Highway Administration
- 17.1-FH1 Accurate and Rapid Measurement of Adsorption Capacity of Fly Ash in Concrete Mixtures
- 17.1-FH2 Rapid Assessment of Air Void System in Fresh Concrete
Federal Railroad Administration
- 17.1-FR1 Methods for Remanufacturing Creosote-Railroad Ties
- 17.1-FR2 Broken Rail Detection from Flashing Rear End Device
- 17.1-FR3 Resilient Wayside Structures to Reduce Severity of Passenger Equipment Collisions and Derailments
- 17.1-FR4 Smart Phone Application for Onboard Railroad Passenger Information System
Federal Transit Administration
- 17.1-FT1 Train Crowding and Information Dissemination for Transit Users
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- 17.1-NH1 Detection of THC Use in Drivers
Office of the Secretary of Transportation – Research
- 17.1-OS1 System and Supply Chain for Recycling Lithium-ion batteries in the Transportation System
A pre-proposal webinar for anyone interested in applying to the solicitation will be held on Monday, October 24, 2016 at 1:30 pm EST. Anyone interested in applying is urged to attend this webinar, which will provide information on the application process and featured solicitation topics.
You may register any time prior to noon on the day of the conference by clicking here. Upon receipt of your registration, you will receive information for connecting to the conference.