Interested in learning more about key cyber and security issues? Below is a list of training opportunities that you may find valuable.
Workforce Framework for Cybersecurity (NICE Framework)
The NICE Framework is comprised of the following components:
- Categories (7) – A high-level grouping of common cybersecurity functions
- Specialty Areas (33) – Distinct areas of cybersecurity work
- Work Roles (52) – The most detailed groupings of cybersecurity work comprised of specific knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) required to perform tasks in a Work Role
To explore the NICE Framework, click on the Categories and Specialty Areas below or use the links above to search within the NICE Framework components or by keyword. Review the Using the NICE Framework PDF to learn more.
Federal Virtual Training Environment (FedVTE)
The Federal Virtual Training Environment (FedVTE) provides FREE online cybersecurity training to federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government employees, federal contractors, US military veterans and the public. Managed by DHS, FedVTE contains more than 800 hours of training on topics such as ethical hacking and surveillance, risk management, and malware analysis.
- Courses for all proficiency levels from beginner to advanced
- 800 hours of training mapped to the NICE Framework
- Certification prep courses on topics such as Ethical Hacking, Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), and Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- The ability to work at your own pace from any computer or mobile device
Select cybersecurity training courses are now available FREE to the public!
WPI Summer Cyber Reboot – https://www.wispro.org/cyberandsecurity/
WPI Acquisition Hour – https://www.wispro.org/faqs/what-is-wpis-webinar-schedule/
For additional information on this topic, please contact Marc Violante at email@example.com or 414-270-3600.