Beyond Phase II Mentor Protégé Training WeekAugust 14, 2017 Chicago, IL
|August 14, 2017
|August 17, 2017
|HYATT REGENCY CHICAGO
|151 E Upper Wacker Dr
Chicago, IL 60601
|Read More Information
|Register for Event
The Office of Small Business Programs (OSBP) is pleased to announce the 2017 Department of Defense (DOD) Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) / Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) Beyond Phase II (BPII) and Mentor Protégé Training Week (MPTW) “Future Innovation in the DOD Marketplace.” This collaborative event is designed to strengthen DOD’s commitment to the Small Business community by equipping the Defense Industrial Base and Government representatives with innovative solutions, cutting edge acquisition practices, and new SBIR, MPP, and Rapid Innovation Fund (RIF) policies and procedures.
The BPII Technology Showcase is the only national DOD SBIR/STTR event that brings together SBIR/STTR companies with key technology and acquisition personnel from both Government and industry to promote the exchange of SBIR/STTR related information and accelerate the transition of SBIR/STTR funded technologies into viable military, government, and private sector products.
Mentor Protégé Training Week workshops are designed to facilitate open-forum discussions for the individual Component Programs and the Mentor Protégé Program as a whole. MPTW will serve as an opportunity to learn best practices and solve challenges faced by all components in their administration, governance and execution of the program. The MPTW will provide informative training opportunities intended to stimulate improvement and prepare the audience for working within the evolving acquisition environment.
Additionally, attendees will have access to representatives of the RIF, who will be on hand to discuss the latest in innovative technologies that can be assimilated into acquisition programs that meet specific defense needs.
DOD OSBP intends to have members from all sectors in attendance, during this Training event to include: Industry Partners, Academia, Subject Matter Experts, Small Business Specialists, Contracting Personnel, and Program Managers representing all Military Departments and Other Defense Agencies.
- Joint Plenary Sessions: Get caught up on the latest policies, procedures, and practices within the Defense acquisition community
- Technology Matchmaking: Sign-up for prearranged meetings between company representatives and acquisition professionals and/or prime contractors and large businesses
- Technology Showcase: Explore technologies developed by Phase II companies, large businesses, SBIR support companies, and industry service providers
- Nunn Perry Awards: Take part in the prestigious Nunn Perry Awards as the Mentor Protégé Program recognizes the exceptional accomplishments of their mentors and Protégés
- Breakout Sessions: Separate program tracks with sessions tailored to address program specific topics and issues
Office of Small Business Programs (OSBP)
Hyatt Regency Chicago