Defense Energy Summit & Innovation Showcase and National SBIR/STTR Fall SummitNovember 11, 2014 Austin, Texas
|Facility||AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center|
1900 University Avenue
|Contact Info||Sarah Wenning
|Details||Read More Information|
|Register Online||Register for Event|
Attention technology entrepreneurs: the Fall National SBIR/STTR Conference (NSC) will take place November 11 – 13 at the AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center (U. Of Texas) in Austin, TX. At this conference, attendees will learn from senior SBIR/STTR leaders and successful small businesses how to compete for SBIR/STTR funding in two dozen federal agencies. To see the event homepage, go to www.defenseenergy.com/National_SBIR_Conference_Fall.html
The Fall NSC – held alongside the annual Defense Energy Summit and Smart Cities Innovation Challenge — will be a busy marketplace for SBIR/STTR Agencies, industry leaders, veteran SBIR/STTR awardees, state support networks, and aspiring entrepreneurs, with emphasis on opening the SBIR/STTR pipeline to newcomers. Highlights include:
- 1-on-1 meetings with 20+ SBIR/STTR Agencies
- 20+ panel sessions featuring Agencies, successful small firms, Industry partners, and SBIR/STTR experts from state and private sectors
- Pre-event courses on must-know business basics for SBIR/STTR pursuit
- Abundant networking opportunities
- Exhibit Hall featuring SBIR/STTR Agency Pavilion, Fortune 1000 firms, universities, and SBIR/STTR-funded businesses
About the Defense Energy Summit & Innovation Showcase
Join the stakeholders and working groups building the foundation for a new Defense Energy Center of Excellence.The summit’s focus
will center on this proposed initiative and how to accelerate clean energy and infrastructure solutions for the DOD.
Defense Energy Center of Excellence
Featuring the national leadership developing the backing for a Defense Energy Center of Excellence. Join the stakeholders and working
groups defining the structure, backing and actions for this defense energy initiative.
Defense Energy Business Matching
Join national military and business leaders accelerating energy solution deployment. Featuring the joint Defense Energy Technology
Challenge, Utility Technology Challenge, and the Project Finance Connect program.
Defense Energy Solutions
Microgrids, Grid Security, Energy Storage, Portable Power, Distributed Energy, Disaster Recovery, Fuel Options, Transportation,
Efficiency & Buildings, Water Management, Soldier Technology, and many more.
Central Texas Defense Energy
From San Antonio to Austin, connect into the heart of defense energy deployment. Texas is home to 22 military installations, with 5 bases
within 1.5 hours of Austin, including Fort Hood, Camp Mabry, Randolph AFB and Lackland AFB.
Defense Energy Technology Showcase
View existing and emerging technologies used by the military on-base and in-theater focused on saving lives and reducing the military
footprint. Walk the mock-base and see first hand the cleantech solutions being developed and deployed by the U.S. military.
About the National SBIR/STTR Fall Summit
Joint us in Austin for the National SBIR/STTR Fall Summit, held in parallel with the 2nd annual Defense Energy Summit and
Innovation Showcase at AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center, November 11-13, 2014.
The Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer programs are highly competitive, encouraging
small businesses to engage in Federal Research/Research and Development (R/R&D) work with potential for commercialization
National SBIR/STTR conferences are typically the largest and most important conferences specializing in helping small businesses learn
about participating in SBIR/STTR programs. At this Conference, representatives from all 11 federal agencies with SBIR programs will
attend, in addition to other SBIR/STTR experts and trainers. Conference highlights include:
- Presentations from all SBIR Agency Program Managers
- Learn how to successfully submit competitive research proposals
- Hear from government, industry and academic experts on successful commercialization strategies
- Interact with SBIR Agency Program Managers, technology entrepreneurs, large company representatives, and researchers in
- Roundtable discussions, Roundtable sessions and 1-on-1 meetings
- Learn about cutting-edge opportunities in defense, agriculture, energy, and health/medicine
- Optional pre conference workshops on SBIR Phase I, Phase II and licensing and commercialization