Wisconsin Business Forum – Working with the United NationsApril 5, 2018 Milwaukee, WI
|Start Date||April 5, 2018|
|End Date||April 5, 2018|
|Time||8:00 am - 4:00 pm|
|Address||231 W. Michigan St.|
|Contact Info||Aina Vilumsons
|Details||Read More Information|
|Register Online||Register for Event|
For the first time, Wisconsin will be hosting United Nations (UN) representatives to provide businesses with critical information on accessing UN procurement opportunities and engage in individual meetings with attendees to discuss their businesses capabilities and market potential.
- Registration opens at 8:00am
- Presentations will begin at 9:00am until noon
- Lunch will be followed by individual meetings with UN Representatives and Resources
The Procurement Division of the United Nations Secretariat is responsible for providing quality services and expert business advice to UN Headquarters in New York, field missions throughout the world, offices away from headquarters, regional commissions, tribunals and to other UN organizations. At the UN Headquarters in New York, the United Nations Procurement Division is the office which is authorized to commit the UN to contractual obligations and interact with vendors wanting to do business with the United Nations Secretariat.
Overall, the total organization spend for last year was $17.6 billion with largest dollars from UNICEF at $3.4 Billion, UNPD at $3.2 Billion, WFP at $2.9 Billion and UNDP at $1.6 Billion.
Featured Guest Speakers:
- Dmitri Dovgopoly, Procurement Director, United Nations
- Francesco Giusso, Chief, Goods & Services Procurement, World Food Programme (WFP)
- Sam Ocran, Senior Contracts Manager, United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
- Ali Jumah, Chief, Central Procurement Unit, New York, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- Bruno Maboja, Team Leader, Engineering Support Team, United Nations
Additional presentations and participation by:
- Mark Hogan, CEO, Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC)
- Katy Sinnott, Vice President, International Business Development Division – State of Wisconsin, Wisconsin Economic Business Development Corporation (WEDC)
- Kevin Fletcher, President – We Energies and Wisconsin Public Service
- William Hughes, Partner, Husch Blackwell LLP
- Rebecca Dash Gladen, International Trade Specialist, S. Commercial Service Wisconsin, U.S. Department of Commerce, International Trade Administration
Companies in the following industries are especially encouraged to attend:
- Air transport/aviation
- Food services and agriculture
- Water and sanitation
- Information and communications technologies
- Building and construction
- Security/safety services and equipment
- Transportation and storage
- Office equipment and supplies
- Medical equipment and pharmaceuticals
ABOUT THE WORLD FOOD PROGRAMME (WFP):
Assisting 80 million people in 80 countries each year, the World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization fighting hunger worldwide, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. WFP’s efforts focus on emergency assistance, relief and rehabilitation, development aid and special operations. Two-thirds of our work is in conflict-affected countries where people are three times more likely to be undernourished than those living in countries without conflict.
UNICEF is dedicated to protecting children’s and women’s rights through helping them meet their basic needs and expanding their opportunities. Making essential supplies available, accessible and affordable, is core to this commitment.
ABOUT UNITED NATIONS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME (UNDP):
UNDP works in about 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion. We help countries to develop policies, leadership skills, partnering abilities, institutional capabilities and build resilience in order to sustain development results.
8:00am Registration and breakfast
9:00am Welcome and Introductions
9:30am UN Representative Presentations
1:30pm Individual meetings
4:00pm End of Program
United Nations (UN)
Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC)
Wisconsin Procurement Institute (WPI)