- This event has passed.
Acquisition Hour: Introduction to Certifications Available to Minority Owned Businesses
October 27 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Minority owned business can receive advantage when selling to various Public and Private entities. In most cases, a certification process must be completed to qualify.
It is important for business to understand the certification requirements and the potential benefits to their business prior to investing their time and resources in the certification process.
This presentation will provide an overview of these programs, application process, describe eligibility requirements as well as the benefits and obligations for certifications with:
- Federal Government agencies
- State Government agencies (including WisDOT and State of Wisconsin)
- Local Government agencies (including Milwaukee City and County, Dane County, Madison (City), MMSD)
- Corporate (Large business)
- Tondra Davis, Director, Supplier Diversity Program, Wisconsin Department of Administration, Division of Enterprise Operations
- Shane Mahaffy, Lead Business Opportunity Specialist, U.S. Small Business Administration
- Benjamin Blanc, Wisconsin Procurement Institute
This webinar is eligible for 1 CPE credit.