- This event has passed.
Acquisition Hour: Introduction to Local Certifications Available to Disadvantaged, Woman, Minority or Veteran Owned Businesses
March 29 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Disadvantaged, Women, Minority or Veteran owned business can receive an advantage when selling to various Public and Private entities. In most cases, a certification process must be completed to qualify.
It is important for businesses to understand the certification requirements and the potential benefits to their business prior to investing their time and resources in the certification process.
This presentation will provide an overview of these programs, application processes, describe eligibility requirements, as well as the benefits and obligations for certifications with:
- State Government agencies (including WisDOT and State of Wisconsin)
- Local Government agencies (including Milwaukee City and County, Dane County, Madison (City), MMSD)
- Corporate (Large business)
- Kim Garber, Director-Small Business Programs, Wisconsin Procurement Institute (WPI)
- Ben Blanc, Government Contract Specialist, Wisconsin Procurement Institute (WPI)
To view a schedule of all upcoming webinars, CLICK HERE.