Acquisition Hour: The HUBZone Program – Certification Benefits and Regulations
January 28 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
The Historically Underutilized Business Zone (HUBZone) program helps small businesses in designated urban and rural communities gain preferential access to federal procurement opportunities. This presentation is recommended for any business that is interested in becoming an SBA HUBZone certified business.
The HUBZone program qualifies your business to compete for the program’s set-aside contracts. HUBZone-certified businesses also get a 10% price evaluation preference in full and open contract competitions. A business must be certified by the U.S. SBA to qualify for this program, and must be registered in SAM prior to submission of the certification documentation.
Currently, many Federal agencies and Federal Prime contractors are NOT meeting their HUBZone goals. This could be a potential opportunity for your business.
In this webinar, you will learn:
- HUBZone certification requirements
- Benefits of and applying for an SBA HUBZone certification
- HUBZone certification cost and terms
- Process and cost of renewing your HUBZone certification
- Locating HUBZone opportunities
- Marketing your HUBZone certified business
- Changes to the HUBZone program
- Shane Mahaffy, Lead Business Opportunity Specialist, US.Small Business Administration (SBA)
- Benjamin Blanc, Wisconsin Procurement Institute (WPI)
This webinar is eligible for 1 CPE credit.
To view a schedule of all upcoming webinars CLICK HERE.