Acquisition Hour: The SBA 8(a) Certification Program
July 14 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
REGISTRATION FOR WEBINARS WILL CLOSE 24 HOURS BEFORE THE START
Businesses that are considered Small Disadvantaged Businesses (SDB) due to social and economic disadvantage may qualify for certification under the 8(a) program. This presentation is recommended for any small business that may qualify as socially and economically disadvantaged, and wants to take advantage of the benefits of the 8(a) program.
While there is no goal for the 8(a) program, the SBA supports a goal of 5% set aside for SDB. The 8(a) program is not a minority business program, but has many benefits that include preference in contracting, preferential teaming agreements and focused business development training.
Business certified under the 8(a) program can also:
- Receive sole source contracts
- Compete for set-aside contracts
- Receive assistance from a Business Opportunity Specialist to help navigate federal contracting
- Form joint ventures with established businesses through the SBA’s Mentor-Protégé Program
- Receive management and technical assistance, including business training, counseling, marketing assistance and high-level executive development
During the presentation we will discuss:
- What is SDB?
- Eligibility Criteria
- The Application Process
- Program Benefits
- What is expected from an 8(a) participant
- Shane Mahaffy, Lead Business Opportunity Specialist, U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA)
This webinar is eligible for 1 CPE credit.
To view a schedule of all upcoming webinars CLICK HERE.