- This event has passed.
U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Industry Day – Construction and A/E Opportunities in Rural Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan – Green Bay, WI
April 23 @ 8:30 am - 3:30 pm
*Registration has closed. If you were unable to register, please contact Carol Murphy at firstname.lastname@example.org or (414) 828-8081 *
This unique event will focus on opportunities for contractors and subcontractors with the US Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) in construction, Architectural/Engineering (AE), environmental and related trades for both veteran and non-veteran owned businesses.
8:30 am Registration
9:00 am Introductions
9:15 am Program
- VA Briefings – Current and future opportunities at the Iron Mountain/Tomah facilities in Construction and A/E
- Basics of Federal Contracting
- Responding to a VA Requirement
- Joint Ventures, Mentor Protégé, Subcontracting and other teaming agreements
12:30 pm Light Lunch with Networking
2:00 pm Verification Process for Veteran and Service Disabled Veteran Owned Businesses
3:30 pm End of Conference
VA contracting personnel will be participating in this event and will be discussing actual and upcoming projects at these facilities. In addition, representatives from the, US Small Business Administration and Wisconsin Procurement Institute (WPI) will be available.
- Paul Lauro, Veteran’s Administration, Director of Contracting, Network Contracting Office NCO12, Great Lakes Acquisition Center
- Rich Hedman, Branch Chief-Construction, Great Lakes Acquisition Center (VISN-12)
- Justus Klink, Contracting Officer-Construction (Iron Mountain), Great Lakes Acquisition Center (VISN 12)
- Kristi Kluck, Contracting Officer-Construction (Tomah), Great Lakes Acquisition Center (VISN 12)
- Steve Maier, Small Business Liaison, NCO-12, Great Lakes Acquisition Center
- Greg Nagel, AIA NCARB, President/CEO, Nagel Architects+Engineers
- James Strube, Business Opportunity Specialist, U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA)
- Carol Murphy, Business Development Specialist, Wisconsin Procurement Institute (WPI)
- Marc Violante, Director, Federal Market Strategies, Wisconsin Procurement Institute (WPI)
Networking opportunities will be available. Light lunch will be served.
In addition, site visits will be available on April 24th and 25th, 2019 from 10:00am to 12:00pm at the Tomah VA Medical Center in Tomah, WI and the Oscar G Johnson VA Medical Center in Iron Mountain, MI. (See attached flyer for detail or CLICK HERE)
There is no cost but advanced registration is REQUIRED to participate in the VA Industry Day and Site Visits. On-site registration will not be available.
Each attendee must register separately.