- This event has passed.
Federal HUBZone Program: Obtaining Certification and Maximizing Opportunities – Milwaukee, WI
January 21 @ 9:00 am - 11:30 am
The Historically Underutilized Business Zone (HUBZone) Program can help small businesses in designated areas of Milwaukee (and other designated urban and rural communities) gain preferential access to federal procurement opportunities (both as direct and subcontractors).
Currently, many Federal agencies and Federal Prime contractors are NOT meeting their HUBZone goals. This could be a significant potential opportunity for your business.
During this session we will cover:
• The very basics of selling to the Federal Government
• HUBZone certification requirements
• HUBZone certification application process
• Recent changes to the HUBZone program
• Locating HUBZone set aside opportunities
• Marketing your HUBZone certified business
• Renewing your HUBZone certification
- Shane Mahaffy, U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA)
- Benjamin Blanc, Wisconsin Procurement Institute (WPI)
There is NO COST to attend this workshop, but registration is required.
This workshop will also be held in Milwaukee on January 15, 2020. More info HERE.