- This event has passed.
“Meet the Prime: Subcontracting” – GSA-Great Lakes Region – Small Disadvantaged Business Event – Virtual
May 19 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
GSA-Great Lakes Region – Small Disadvantaged Business Event
“Meet the Prime: Subcontracting” GSA’s Great Lakes Region, Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization (OSDBU) is hosting prime contractor Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Inc., (WJE) confirmed.
Small Disadvantaged Businesses with primary NAICS codes 562910 (Remediation Services), and secondary NAICS 236220 (Commercial and Institutional Building Construction), don’t miss this opportunity to:
- Make invaluable connections through networking and relationship building
- Learn about the types of subcontractors (suppliers) WJE is seeking, their IDIQ contract and the steps of becoming a subcontractor with WJE company
- Increase industry acumen, business efficacy, and business growth through potential subcontracting opportunities with WJE
The speaker will be Mr. Kenneth Itle, Associate Principal, Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Inc., Engineers | Architects | Materials Scientists, 330 Pfingsten Road, Northbrook, Illinois 60062. To learn more about WJE before attending the event please visit: www.wje.com
12:50 p.m. – Check-In to Join Zoom Meeting
1:00 p.m. – GSA OSDBU Welcome and Opening Remarks of GSA, OSDBU Associate Administrator (AA), Exodie Roe
1:07 p.m. – OSDBU Welcome and Remarks of Acting Great Lakes Regional Administrator, John Cooke
1:11 p.m. – GSA OSDBU Staff Brief Overview of OSDBU
1:24 p.m. – GSA OSDBU Introduction of Mr. Kenneth Itle, Prime Contractor, Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Inc. (WJE)
1:25 p.m. – WJE Presentation and Q&A
2:55 p.m. – OSDBU Closing Remarks
3:00 p.m. – Event ends
GSA’s Great Lakes Region (GLR), OSDBU serves as the regional liaison and advocate for small businesses within Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio and Wisconsin. As an advocate for small business owners, OSDBU promotes increased access to GSA’s nationwide procurement opportunities. OSDBU provides small business counseling in the effort to help with the understanding of Federal procurement regulations and practices, determining the appropriate Federal agency buying office for their products, and acquiring pertinent data on present and/or future agency procurements and contracting opportunities.
GSA’s mission is to maximize contracting opportunities for small businesses. in addition to assisting GSA and the Small Business Community towards fulfilling this mission, the purpose of GSA GLR OSDBU hosting this webinar is two-fold:
- First, for potential subcontractors – this webinar provides an opportunity to obtain potential subcontract awards from a prime contractor that is committed to awarding subcontracting opportunities in the GLR.
- Second, for the prime contractor – participating as a webinar speaker provides a platform to demonstrate commitment to fulfilling small business goal requirements as described in their GSA Prime Contract – Subcontracting Plan(s).
To learn more about the GSA-GLR OSDBU – please click HERE
For more information, contact Kimberly Hutchinson (312) 353-1889 or firstname.lastname@example.org