- This event has passed.
Small Business Academy & USDOT Credit Tune-up – Milwaukee, WI
September 17, 2019 @ 7:30 am - 1:00 pm
Small Business Academy – WEDC and US-DOT-Small Business Transportation Resource Center Great Lakes are co-hosting the 2019 Small Business Academy and Credit Tune-up business workshops!
This day will provide participants with practical advice from experts on topics covering small business lending, free business assistance resources, and ways to plan, start and grow a profitable business.
About Credit-Tune Up Session:
USDOT Summer Initiative for Access to Capital
Many small businesses face difficulty not only accessing sufficient bonding and financing in order to grow, but also access to capital and debt financing. The USDOT’s Summer initiative for Access to Capital is to provide financial resources and assistance to transportation- related small businesses and clients who are unable to access traditional capital.
Participants will also have an opportunity to learn more about:
- How to improve your financial health – Credit Tune-up
- How your personal finances affect your business
- Revolving loan funds & alternative financing
- Getting a line of credit for working capital
- Breaking into new markets
- Marketing: social media, branding
- Human Resources: Hiring 1st employee, Developing & Training
- Certified Businesses – Small/Minority/Women/Veteran Certifications
**Continental Breakfast and snacks at Break time will be provided **