- This event has passed.
14th Annual Wisconsin Government Business Opportunities Conference (GOBC) – Webinar
The 14th Annual Government Opportunities Business Conference (GOBC) is now virtual!
Stay connected at wigobc.org for further details.
Join WPI, Volk Field Air National Guard Base, Fort McCoy, Juneau County Economic Development and partners for a day of informative sessions.
The webinar will cease for breaks at designated times during the day, requiring you to log back into the webinar.
8:00am Briefings from Volk Field ANG, Ft. McCoy, and Wisconsin National Guard
9:30am Legal Update for Federal Contractors and Subcontractors presented by Husch Blackwell
11:00am Where is the Money – Federal Priorities, Opportunities and Strategy presented by David Zvenyach
11:40am Update for Federal Contractors presented by Eric Ness, US SBA WI
Noon Lunch Break
12:30pm U.S. Navy Shipbuilding Outlook presented by Leonardo DRS & Fincantieri Marinette Marine
1:30pm Briefing from Fort McCoy, the 88th Readiness Division (29 states), and the 84th Training Division
2:30pm DOD Contract Management Update presented by DCMA and DIBCAC
3:30pm Business Development, The New Normal presented by Megan McKinney & Aaron Kapellusch
4:00pm Emergency and Disaster Contracting presented by WPI
4:30pm End of Day
- Brigadier General David W. May, Deputy Adjutant General, Wisconsin Air National Guard
- Lt. Col. Michael J. Western, Interim Commander, Volk Field Air National Guard Base
- Tonya Townsell, Public Affairs Officer, Fort McCoy
- Jason Rathsack, Group Lead, Business Operations MCWA, DCMA Milwaukee
- Ms. Dana C. Mason & Ms. Carley E. Salmon, DCMA Defense Industrial Base Cybersecurity Assessment Center
- Megan McKinney, NDIA Member Leadership Council Vice Chair / NDIA Great Lakes Board Member
- Aaron Kapellusch, Business Development Executive
- Daryl Zahn, Senior Manager of Contracts and Compliance for DRS Naval Power Systems, Inc.
- Richard Deschauer, Senior Director of Contracts and Compliance for DRS Naval Power Systems, Inc.
- Eric Ness, District Director, Small Business Administration
- V. David Zvenyach, Zvenyach LLC.
- Brian Waagner, Partner, Husch Blackwell Washington, D.C. Office
- Bill Hughes, Husch Blackwell
- Terry Whipple, Executive Director, Juneau County Economic Development Corporation
- Helen Henningsen, Wisconsin Procurement Institute
- Mark Dennis, Wisconsin Procurement Institute
- Tony Steinhoff, Director, Mission and Installation Contracting Command
- Kevin Van De Ven, Strategic Sourcing Manager, Fincantieri Marinette Marine
Save the Date, Day 2: October 15 2020
- In-person at Volk Field in Camp Douglas, Wisconsin.
- Our traditional Day 2 program with government agency and prime contractor representatives.
- Watch for further details and registration information.
Thank you to our partners:
- AICCW – FACC – WIBA
- Dunn County EDC
- Envision Greater Fond du Lac
- Fort McCoy
- Florence County Economic Development Corporation
- Greater Oshkosh Economic Development Corporation
- Indianhead Community Action Agency (ICAA)
- Juneau County Economic Development Corporation
- National Contract Management Association (NCMA) Wisconsin Chapter
- NDIA Great Lakes Chapter
- Nicolet College
- Northwest Regional Planning Commission
- Progress Lakeshore
- Volk Field Air National Guard Base
- UW Stout – Manufacturing Outreach Center
- Wisconsin Procurement Institute
- Western Dairyland
This conference is eligible for up to 6.5 CPE credits.