- This event has passed.
Acquisition Hour: Introduction to Certifications Available to Woman Owned Businesses
April 6 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Woman-owned businesses can receive advantage when selling to various Public entities. In most cases, a certification process must be completed to qualify. It is important for businesses to understand the certification requirements and the potential benefits to their business prior to investing their time and resources in the certification process.
This webinar will provide an overview of these programs, application processes, describe eligibility requirements as well as the benefits and obligations for certifications with:
- Federal Government agencies
- State Government agencies (including WisDOT and State of Wisconsin)
- Local Government agencies (including Milwaukee City and County, Dane County, Madison (City), and MMSD).
UPDATE: The U.S. SBA has ended self-certification of Woman Owned Small Businesses and, as of October 15, 2020, self-certification is no longer an option.
- Shane Mahaffy, Lead Business Opportunity Specialist, U.S. Small Business Administration
- Tondra Davis, Director, Supplier Diversity Program, Wisconsin Department of Administration, Division of Enterprise Operations
- Kim Garber, Wisconsin Procurement Institute
This webinar is eligible for 1 CPE credit.
View a schedule of all upcoming Acquisition Hour webinars.
View a schedule of all upcoming Small Business Certification webinars.