- This event has passed.
Government Contracting Opportunities – Rhinelander, WI
October 24, 2018 @ 12:30 pm - 4:30 pm
The Government buys pretty much everything – from military vehicles, tree planting services, office furniture, plumbing services, facility maintenance and IT support. Over the last few fiscal years, every county in Wisconsin has recorded sales to the Federal government. Sales have been to a broad range of agencies from the US Forest Service, USDA, Department of Veterans Affairs, Department of Defense and many more.
State of Wisconsin (and other States) as well as Local Governments also purchase a wide range of goods and services. In addition, there are also opportunities to subcontract. This session is designed as an introduction for small businesses who are considering selling to the government market or those just starting to review and look for opportunities.
What you will learn:
- Benefits of being a small business
- How to find government opportunities
- How to sell products and services to the local state, county, municipality and federal government
- Where you can get help – at no cost
12:30 pm: Registration
1:00 pm – 4:00 pm: Program
- Small Business Programs and Funding Opportunities – U.S. SBA
- Selling to the Government – An Overview – WPI
- Business Opportunities and Resources
4:00 pm: Networking